Abhayanga is a form of Ayurvedic message (NOT a conventional western massage) that is done with large amounts of warm Ayurvedic oil specially prepared according to the Prakriti (this is a Sanskrit word for constitution) of a person.
– Pacifies Vata and Pitta, and Harmonizes Kapha
– Gives strength to body
– Moisturizes, softens and nourishes skin
– Increases longevity
– Imparts a firmness to the limbs
– Increases circulation
– Tones and gives vigor to dhatus(tissues)
– Decreases effect of aging
After Abhayanga, Swedana an Ayurvedic herbal steam is recommended as a supportive treatment to promote detoxification benefits.